So there is a 100% chance that you should be doing something else instead of reading this. But hey! nothing’s more thrilling than procrastinating right! Yeah bro, I totally get it. We all do it, and no matter what happens we’ll keep on doing it. Over the years have you actually paid attention to all the not so important things that you do while procrastinating? Well, if you haven’t, see if you can relate to some of these right here!
How many of these ‘not so important things’ you’ve done while procrastinating?!
1. Staring at your work hoping that it will somehow magically disappear.
We’ve had all done this, haven’t we? I mean who knows that maybe God will have mercy and bless us with some magical power to make it all disappear. (He made dogs bro!)
2. Listing down all the things that you need to do.
The most important thing in the not so important things list.But here’s a news flash people, this doesn’t work. But we do it anyway to make our miserable selves feel better.
You know the internet has this awesome capability to make you completely forget what you were originally doing? Yep, 15 minutes into “research” and we find ourselves 10 tabs into “How to talk to dolphins?”
4. You love to travel to another world.
Sometimes, the power of procrastination is such that you will find yourself staring into blank space for no valid reason.
5. Sometimes it can conjure up really really deep thoughts.
Like, have you ever wondered how many tourist photos you’re in the background of?
6. Sometimes you really really like to pretend that you don’t have anything that needs to be done.
Well, for instance, I like to pretend that I don’t have exams at all. (Just finished watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy! and am heading towards The Hobbit trilogy!)
7. You think that maybe if you put it off for long enough you may actually not have to do the work at all.
It works, maybe not all day every day but sometimes if you put it off for long enough you actually don’t have to do it anymore.
8. Hoping that somebody else will have done the work for you already.
Unless you have a house elf (or an elder sibling who is like really sweet) this does not work.
9. Finding inspiration in the most baseless things ever.
For example, if you look back at the Potter history, you will find that Harry had three fucking months to figure out that Golden egg. But he chose to decipher that just the night before the task. So don’t feel so miserable.
10. You find the most comfortable place to study and eventually nod off to sleep.
Finding the right place is the trick for concentrating. So, make sure you find the right place to sleep, I mean study.
11. You end up tidying your drawer.
No other time is best for you to tidy up your drawer than the procrastination period.
12. I’ll do it tomorrow.
Tomorrow is a mystical land where 99% of the human productivity, motivation and achievement is stored.