Periods are one of those natural processes which your body can’t escape. It’s painful and makes you feel worse than one can think of. Mood swings, cramps, frustration and what but that doesn’t mean, they are bad. Periods tell you that your body is functioning well and you have to embrace it. And girls are not the only one who goes through cramps, transgender men do too. Yes, you read that correctly. But the difficulties trans men go through is somewhat way higher than what girls do. It makes them feel less masculine, make them doubt their own identity and what not.
So 20 Trans Men shared on Whisper the difficulties of having periods!
1. Well, don’t let anything make you feel less masculine, not even periods. That’s something which comes from your core.
2. The difficulties transgender men face during periods is something we will never be able to understand. But embrace who you are.
3. Don’t be. Periods are natural and you can’t escape that. You can stay prepared for it though. You know, chocolates and other things which will make you feel good.
4. I guess the other guy is right here. I mean, yes, the difficulties level are high for transgender men. But don’t let it feel you feminine.
5. Things you are doing wrong- 1)Harming your body 2)Not embracing your body 3)Escaping pain. Don’t.
6. If you really think so, then you should visit a doctor asap. At least, it will clear your mind.
7. I can’t really feel the pain and the difficulties of transgender men. But I can totally relate to the pain.
8. First of all, calm down. What you are going through is totally natural. Talk to someone about it.
9. Exactly, that’s the kind of approach every transgender men should have towards periods.
10. Then don’t, I mean just go with it. It’s how your body functions and there is nothing wrong about it.
11. Well, dear, transgender men, if the difficulties you face during periods makes you feel feminine or anything as such then you need to stop worrying about everything and work on embracing yourself as a whole.
12. I think you should see a doctor. Periods once a year though may sound good but can really be harmful to your body.
13. No, I repeat, don’t let anything make you doubt your identity. That’s who you are, a transgender, believe in it.
14. Well, you have one awesome best friend, trust me. Keep him/her close to you.
15. Yeah, transgender men can do this to avoid the difficulties they face during periods.
16. I can totally relate to the pain. Also, the way you approach periods despite being a transgender man is applaudable.
17. No, why? You are a boy because you know it, you feel it deep in your heart, right? So, don’t let anything change that. Transgender men, take note.
18. I so wish there was an actual session or something as such to bring transgender men out of the trauma and difficulties they face due to periods.
19. Oh! Come on. You are what you are, your heart and will power defines your identity.
20. Periods for sure fuck up once a month but it’s good to embrace it rather than despising it.