Not everything was good in the past, and these vintage ads prove that. We are taking this time to go through some of the most inappropriate vintage ads that are enough to make your jaw drop. These vintage ads promote things that the world has boycotted from nowadays. So, without further ado let’s go through these highly inappropriate vintage ads.
Here Are The Extremely Inappropriate Vintage Ads That Are Going To Shock You
1. For a product that is aimed towards children and pre-teens, you can tell how inappropriate this ad is. Why Sega, why?
2. So, basically what they are trying to say is, who cares if the woman has any personality, looks are all that matter. The misogyny is high in this one.Via
3. Sega just can’t stop. Here’s another one of their inappropriate ads. We get it Sega, you’re trying hard to be clever. But it’s not a good idea.
4. These classic cigarette ads are never disappointing. Because nothing’s better than Santa Claus endorsing Camel cigarettes.
5. This is just so wrong and inappropriate. You just can’t present a little girl in this way.
6. Here’s Santa promoting smoking again. Lucky Strike would be lucky to be live if they advertised something like this today.
7. Blow in her face, because that’s a smooth way to advertise your product. The things that these companies used to get away with back in the day is baffling.
8. For those who don’t know, this is a tie commercial. And of course, a tie commercial requires a woman to be on her knees serving breakfast to a man, with the message they’re trying to give is that it’s a man’s world. It seems like they were purposely trying hard to put down women back in the day.
9. The sexism in some of these vintage ads is off the charts, like this one right here.
10. Yeah, this ad actually states that men are better than women. Definitely, not a great way to advertise sweaters.Via
11. Congratulations, you just reached a whole new level of racism. Via
12. Because 7up is exactly what an eleven-month-old baby should be drinking. Are you listening, parents? Stop whatever you’re feeding them, and switch to 7up.
So, if you ever want to go back to the good ol’ days, just because you think that just because you hate it now. Just remember, not everything was good in the good ol’ days. Make sure to spread the word by sharing these inappropriate vintage ads on social media.