To the all girls out there with curly hair, you have my deepest condolences. Because growing up as a girl with curly hair, I know how real the struggle is. But you know what hurt me the most, is that none of the Disney Princesses whom I watched growing up had any idea what it meant to deal with curly hair. Well, somebody actually related to that struggle finally!
Illustrator Vaz, who is the author of Stray Curls, imagined the beloved Disney princesses with curly hair!
So, finally, somebody related to my imagination of the princesses having beautiful (no I don’t mean that!) curly hair. And they can now really see the real struggles in their daily lives doing the simplest of jobs! Indian comic artist Angel Mary Vaz is using her imagination, and plenty of humor, to redraw Disney’s most beloved princesses with full heads of spiraling tresses – and the bumps in their ‘love stories’ that occur as a result.
1. Trust me Rapunzel would have never left her castle to explore the outside world if she had to deal with the hair problems.
2. It’s not easy being a mermaid with irritating hair problems, pretending to be a human, trying to fit into the world.
3. Cinderella, you better start making real wishes for yourself rather than wanting to go to the ball to meet some Prince who will not even remember your name.
4. The is the fucking best deal ever made!
5. If Jasmine had such hair, trust me, she would have left her room let alone the castle.
6. Seriously, I can relate to Sleeping Beauty on so many levels, I can’t even start.
7. Lesson 101, if you’re opting for a haircut make sure you get it done by a trained professional.
8. Now, that is definitely some wise and legitimate thinking on your part.
9. Even queens can relate to the hair struggles.
10. So, remember, if you want to sing on a windy day, better tie up your har real nicely.
So, now you know what it feels like to have really annoying hair and Disney we’d really love if you could please portray the real struggles!