Potterheads brace yourselves. While you are still waiting for your letter from Hogwarts, let’s go on a magical tour through some of the Harry Potter facts which will take you aback by surprise.
1. Harry Potter and Ron Weasley did not complete their graduation from Hogwarts.
After the death of Voldemort neither Harry Potter nor Ron bothered to complete their graduation. As you may have expected only Hermione did. But it will come as surprise to you that they all managed to get jobs at Ministry of Magic.
2. What was the age of Voldemort and Dumbledore when they died?
Dumbledore, as you may have expected, was really old when he died. He was 115 years old. On the other hand Voldemort, despite his numerous attempts to become immortal, died at the age of 71.
3. Harry, Ron and Hermione all appeared on Chocolate Frog Cards.
This is one of the lesser-known facts. All who have watched Harry Potter, know how honourable it was to appear on these cards. All the three rightfully deserved this respect.
4. J.K. Rowling had already prepared a rough draft of the ending of Harry Potter when she started writing the first book.
Hagrid brought Harry to the magical world. And Hagrid was the one who brought the dead Harry out of the Forbidden Forest. See a connection? J.K. Rowling knew it from the very first how the end was going to turn out. This is for sure one of the unknown facts.
5. The actress who played Moaning Myrtle was actually 40 years old.
Another among the unnoted facts. Could you even guess that the girl who haunted the girl’s bathroom was not 14 years old?
6. Rupert Grint was not allowed in the sets during the Harry-Hermoine kissing scene shoot.
Somehow during the shot something made Rupert laugh way too hard which caused interruption so he was asked to stand out.
7. Hogwarts is a tuition-free school.
When J.K. Rowling was asked that how much money is required to study in Hogwarts, she said that Hogwarts doesn’t charge any fees. All the expenses are taken care of by Ministry Of Magic.
8. Hogwarts was built by 40 people and took 7 months to complete.
The builders did a very impressive job by completing the model in such short time. You can still see the model in the Warner Bros Studio Tour.
9. Wizards under 11 must study at home.
This is again among the unnoticed facts. The International Statute of Secrecy has clear orders about this. Because they are incapable of controlling their magic and might expose themselves to the ordinary.
10. Daniel Radcliffe’s favourite prop from the movie is Harry Potter’s glasses.
Can you imagine Harry without his round specs? It might come as a surprise that throughout the series he had a total of 160 pairs of them.
11. What can ordinary people see in the place of Hogwarts?
Surprise! Surprise! Have these facts ever hit you while watching Harry Potter? Well, the ordinary people can only see an abandoned castle. Only the magical platform can take you there.
12. The character Hermione is the author’s self portrait.
Obviously she accepted that she was not as wise as Hermione. But the facts that their thirst for knowledge and impatience towards weird behaviour match correctly.